top of page
Third Party Billing

Third party billing refers to the situation where you are referred to our services by another agency and the other agency will be paying us directly for your services.  This is a special situation and there are some unique aspects that you will want to be aware of.

We will discuss with you and the agency, what aspects of her services they will be requesting information on. Sometimes, when a school board or government agency requests our services for an assessment, they require the final assessment report. The same holds true for therapy sessions that are paid for by a third party. Sometimes the third party will request therapy updates or reports. In this case, we will discuss your options with you and if you agree, we will give both you and the agency that is paying for our services a copy of the report. You will want to inquire with the agency about who will be reading their copy of the report, where they will be storing it, and how long they will be keeping the report. 

Insurance Claims

Charlene is registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists and you may be able to use the registration number found on your invoice to file a claim with your insurance provider in order to be reimbursed all or a portion of the fees. Please check with your insurance provider about what a claim entitles your insurance company to learn about our sessions. For example, with some insurance companies, when you file a claim for reimbursement you are authorizing the insurance company to ask us about the purpose of your sessions with us and any diagnoses that we may make. Each insurance company is different, so please contact yours prior to booking services or making a claim so that you understand any limits that this places on the confidentiality of your sessions.

bottom of page